Terms & Conditions
Thank you for choosing Corporate Support Solutions Ltd to supply Your Warranty, We hope that Your Product will be trouble free, however should it fail during the Warranty Period please follow the claims procedure detailed in this document.
DEFINITIONS The words or expressions detailed below have the following meaning wherever they appear in this document in bold.
Administrator / We / Us / Our- Corporate Support Solutions Ltd, Picktree Court, Picktree Lane, Chester-le-street, County Durham, DH3 3SY for queries relating to the issue of Your Service Agreement and to report details of any claim.
Callout- The attendance of an engineer to Your Home during normal working hours ( Monday to Friday).
Claim Limit- Your Service Agreement provides unlimited claims up to the original purchase price of the Product.
Home- The property situated in the
Mechanical/Electrical Breakdown- The actual and sudden mechanical / electrical failure or breakdown which results in the sudden stoppage of the Product normal functions and which necessitates repair to resume those functions. Failure or breakdown that ultimately results from wear and tear is excluded from the scope of cover afforded by this Service Agreement.
Product- As detailed on the Service Agreement, cover only extends to the Product detailed on Your Service Agreement.
Service Agreement- Contains details of You and the Product.
Warranty Period- The duration period noted on Your Service Agreement.
You / Your- The person named on the Service Agreement.
WHAT IS COVERED
Your Warranty provides cover against Mechanical / Electrical Breakdown of the Product identified on Your Service Agreement. Cover includes parts, labour and callout charges (inc VAT) during normal working hours (8am – Monday to Friday) subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of Your policy.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
· Callout charges where a fault cannot be found with the Product.
· Consumable or auxiliary items e.g. batteries, scart leads or any Accessories or peripherals that were not part of the original Product offering at the time of purchase
· Accidental damage.
· Use of the Product by anyone other than You or your immediate family living at the address named on the Service Agreement.
· Failure to comply with the manufacturers instructions for the care of the Product.
· A Product installed in a commercial environment or where the level of use is deemed beyond normal domestic use.
· A Product that does not meet the current electrical regulations in force at the time.
· Costs not authorised by the Administrator or its appointed engineers.
· Faults relating to the installation of the Product.
· Deliberate damage or neglect of the Product.
· Claims for rectifying maladjustment or incorrect configuration or setting of manual controls.
· Any cost arising from the change from analogue to digital broadcasting including the termination of analogue transmissions of any type.
· Damage caused by foreign objects or substances.
· Faults known to You before commencement of cover under Your policy.
· Work, which relates to a manufacturer recall.
· Repair to or Damage of a cosmetic nature caused by but limited to denting, scratching, chipping, staining, and rust or corrosion.
· Routine maintenance of the Product, supplies or service in Your Home.
· Claims arising from the interruption, failure, disconnection or power surge in the power supply to Your Home however caused or due to inadequate ventilation of the Product.
· Claims arising as a result of normal wear and tear (e.g. belts, fuses, seals).
· Total loss of use of the Product due solely to the non availability of replacement or substitute parts, in which case We shall offer settlement based on a Product of equivalent or similar specification.
· Consequential loss of any type.
It is vital to obtain cover under Your Warranty in the event of a claim that You contact the Administrator by telephone on
0845 863 0505 or by fax 0191 3870784. Please provide the Administrator with as much information about what has happened as soon as possible.
Please have with You at the time of reporting the fault
· Your Service Agreement number and details of the Product
Claims are only valid where authority has been issued by the Administrator or their appointed engineer.
1. The Administrator will make reasonable attempts to obtain a suitable tradesman, provided that provision of service is not precluded by:
a) adverse weather conditions.
b) industrial disputes (official or not).
c) failure of the public transport system (including the road network) and repair thereto.
d) other circumstances preventing access to Your Home or otherwise making provision of cover impractical.
2. We shall be entitled to:
a) decline cover if, in Our opinion, Your Home or services have not been maintained in a safe or serviceable condition.
b) decide on the most appropriate means of providing cover, although We will take Your wishes into account whenever possible.
c) settle any claim on a proportionate basis if You have any other insurance covering the same loss or damage.
d) void the Service Agreement in its entirety if any misrepresentation or concealment of material facts is made by You or anyone acting on Your behalf.
3. You will be responsible for any call out charges if having requested assistance You are not at Home when the tradesman arrives or a fault cannot be found with the Product.
4. We will arrange to supply and fit replacement parts or components where required and covered under Your Service Agreement. If You request any addition work or replacement parts, You will be responsible for the additional cost. We are not responsible for any inconvenience, loss or damage caused by delay in the supply of spare parts or components by manufacturers or their suppliers or agents.
5. In the event that the parts for a Product are no longer available, or the Product is beyond economical repair, We will base Our settlement on the replacement cost of the same or similar model at the time of the breakdown.
6. If You or anyone else claiming under this Service Agreement makes a claim that is false or dishonest in any way, Your Service Agreement will not be valid and You will lose all benefits under this agreement.
7. If You move address then you must inform the Administrator in writing or by phone.
8. Where We deem the Product to be beyond economical repair or make a financial settlement in lieu of the repair all benefits under this Service Agreement will cease.
9. This Service Agreement is automatically cancelled:
- if You submit a claim knowing it to be false, fraudulent or a misrepresentation,
- if We replace the Product following a valid claim.
We hope You are happy with the cover this Service Agreement provides. However, if after reading this document, this Service Agreement does not meet with Your requirements, please return it to the Administrator within 45 days and We will arrange to cancel.
The Administrator may at any time cancel this document by sending 14 days notice to you at your last known address.
OUR PROMISE OF SERVICE
It is the intention to give You the best possible service but if You do have any questions or concerns about this Service Agreement or the handling of a claim You should contact the Managing Director of the Administrator. The contact details are:
The Managing Director, Corporate Support Solutions Ltd, Picktree Court, Picktree Lane, Chester-le-street, County Durham DH3 3SY.
Please ensure Your policy number is quoted in all correspondence to assist a quick and efficient response.
Please note that any information provided to Us will be processed by Us and Our agents in compliance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, for the purpose of providing insurance and handling claims, if any, which may necessitate providing such information to third parties.
An extended warranty is a simple way to avoid the cost and hassle of repairing electrical products. It's like your manufacturer's guarantee, but you can keep the peace of mind for as long as you want.
Protection by the specialists
The plan is provided by Corporate Support Solutions Ltd.